Malachy O'Connor



Ben Riches/Seng Mah/Ben Riches

We are thrilled to be able to feature the talented Malachy O’Connor, a stunning 23 year old Australian model from Perth, Western Australia.










 Malachy is represented by CSAModels. Let’s welcome him at Stunning Men and please show your support in your comments.


















 A multi talented guy, among other things Malachy loves singing, playing the guitar and of course keeping fit! A keen surfer, he also practises yoga










 Malachy is a very down to earth guy, who describes himself as ‘a bit of a hippie at heart’. He is very focused and strongly believes in preserving and protecting our environment.









 Please visit Malachy music page and show your support and love by 'liking' it! Thanks.


Many thanks to Malachy for doing the interview and accepting to be featured.



Don't forget to check csamodels on facebook and discover many more of their stunning models.






Vital Statistics:

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 176lbs

Waist: 31”

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Dirty Blonde


 Here's Malachy's full interview


Malachy, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview.

Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background? You are from Perth ...?

Perth born and bred with a very Irish background but I lived here most of my life.



What do you do in a typical day?

My day job is a musician playing guitar and singing in around the pubs and streets of Perth. I’m a bit of a hippie at heart and have strong beliefs in the conservation of our natural environment. Working out and keeping fit is a big part of my life as well as reading and meditation. I love learning and believe that an experience is worth a thousand pictures.



And how did you get into modelling?

I got into modelling through doing promotional events for the Ironman and surf rowing races I was competing in at the time. A couple of people that would organise the events started getting me other gigs around town, just little things nothing major. It all just kind of gradually flowed from there.



What do you enjoy the most about it?

I guess the performance side of is a big thing for me. It’s a similar energy as to when you’re performing music for an audience in some cases. A live performance of any craft will always give you a hit of adrenaline that leaves you hyped up afterward.



How do you prepare before a photoshoot?

How I prepare is usually dependant on the shoot. I do underwear, swimwear and fitness work mostly so a couple of weeks out from the date I’ll start upping the intensity of my gym routine and start doing more full body sessions. It helps in raising the amount of calories you’re burning in your sessions and lets you drop that extra bit of body fat. My diet gets a bit stricter, nothing too full on, but I’ll avoid eating anything too silly.
The day and night before I like to get a cut-throat shave and a solid haircut from a barber, helps you feel nice and fresh for the shoot.



You have a great physique. How do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you practise any sport?

I practice Bikram yoga regularly as well as a comprehensive gym routine. I also do 6 days of rigorous physical activity a week. I try to incorporate a lot of my social life into my exercise too; a catch-up with a friend could be anything from a yoga session to a coffee and a light run.



What are your top three favourite gym exercises and why?

Top three would have to be Deadlift, chin-up and one-arm rows. The deadlift because it’s such a raw movement and a great way to increase your overall strength. The chin-up for a similar reason, very functional and strength focused. It uses so many of your muscles and is a great complement to the deadlift. You can do them pretty much anywhere and there’s a lot of room to be creative. The one-arm row is great for a good pump if you’re feeling sluggish and if done properly hits the entire shoulder/back assembly of the working arm in an effective applicable movement.



What’s the best form of cardio for you?

Running for me for sure! I look forward to long Sunday runs on my rest days, gives you time to think and to listen to all the music you’ve been putting on your mp3. I live on the coast in Perth so it provides an awesome backdrop to a cruisy coastal run. In the coming years I will most likely switch to cycling or swimming. Running is great but it’s a great tax on your joints.



How do you keep motivated?

That’s a good question. I’ve always been ambitious and had big dreams but I think even the most motivated people have their off days. I keep my goals close to my heart and head and check my bearing on them at the end of each day. I find if I do this, I’ll keep working in the right direction. It’s very easy to get lost on a journey if you have no bearing on your destination.



How do you fit training and fitness into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?

Being self-employed I’m flexible with my time but keeping a healthy balance in your life is a tricky thing to do. I just make sure the energy I spend on exercising is always extremely focused. It means your workout is a lot more efficient, takes up less time and fits in better into your life



You are a very good looking guy – what do you think is your best asset?

Physical beauty is common. My personality for sure.



And if you could change one thing about your body, what would that be?

Crikey, there’s a fair list! I think I would have darker skin, a lot of South American people have this lovely dark tanned skin. No sunburn and a year round tan, who wouldn’t want that!



How do you approach a challenge?
I throw myself into it! A well thought out and structured plan, that’s still dynamic if needed. Keeping myself open to advice and constructive criticism on all aspects of the challenge. All that with a consistent and focused work ethic I think will serve you extremely well in pursuing anything.


What do you do in your down time?

I love to read, meditate, surf, walk through my local bush reserve and write. It’s always so nice to disconnect and empty your mind of thoughts.



Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?

So many role models! I made it a habit of reading a lot of autobiographical work from successful people. It’s almost as good as a one on one chat in some ways; you can learn their methods of approaching life, always an interesting insight. Favourites are Schwarzenegger, Attenborough, Gerard Butler, Franklin, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Aristotle, Nietzsche ... the list goes on!



Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?

I’d like to think so! It’s rare for me to go out on one so when I do it’s nice to put the extra effort in and make an experience of it.



What do you think is the secret to a good relationship?

A sense of adventure, communication, humour, loyalty, passion and a commitment to working to improve yourself.



Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?

Briefs for sure!



What do you listen to on your iPod?

It’s honestly so broad, I wouldn’t know what to put down!



Your favourite song or piece of music to play while training or running?

“Killing in the name of” – Rage against the machine. Best workout song ever.



What kind of movies do you like?

Big fan of film! I think there are great movies in every genre. Films in a similar vein to the likes of “Flight Club” are always winners with me.



What can’t you live without?

My beautiful dog Sid! (Malachy gives us broad smile)



You wouldn’t know, but I’m very good at ...

Chess!



I’m just not very good at ...

Drawing ... (makes a sad face!)



What’s the best thing ever invented?

Probably electricity, but those dish scrubbers that you can fill up with dishwashing liquid aren’t too far behind.



What three words describe you best?

Passionate, peculiar and honest.



One last question Malachy, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?

Driving a successful career in television and music and owning a profitable green energy/solar company. Living in my own little house by the ocean with my dog, having an overwhelming sense of purpose and happiness.



Malachy, it has truly been a pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future!



Comments