Michael John Anthony Toscano ... an American in London ...

 

We first featured stunning Michael Toscano a couple of years ago with amazing work by Abel Cruz, Jorge Freire and Edwin J'Lebron (make sure to check his previous posts by clicking on the labels at the end of this post). We didn't get to do an interview with him at the time, so his visit to London was the perfect opportunity to meet up with him and ask him a few questions.











 And we weren't going to pass on the chance to take a few casual shots of him with the fantastic backdrop that London provides. On first meeting him you are not only struck by how stunning he looks, but also by how warm and friendly he is.










 Michael is from Rochester, upstate New York and as his name suggests, he is of Italian origins. He says that he is very family oriented, they mean the world to him and that he takes pride in representing his heritage.



 






It is blindingly obvious how Michael takes his training and healthy living seriously. His stunning physique can vouch for this. Enjoy the interview and make sure to check Michael's work!


Vital statistics:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 195lb
Waist: 32"
Chest: 42"
Hair: brown
Eyes: brown

 Make sure to check Michael's facebook page

All copyrights to DJDPhotography
 

Here's Michael's interview in full


Michael, it is amazing to finally meet with you in London and spend some time visiting some fantastic buildings and sites.

I really enjoy all the architecture.



It is your first time in London, right? How do you like it so far?




So, you are from up state New York and have an Italian background ... would you like to talk to us about this?

I am originally from Rochester, New York but currently live in Ithaca, New York. I grew up with a big Italian family. Both my ethnicity and family are a huge part of my life. I was fortunate enough to grow up with four sets of grandparents, the Salotti’s (mothers parents), Iacovelli’s (stepfathers parents), Toscano’s (fathers dad), and Valente’s (fathers mothers remarried name). Having all this family really helped me grow as a person and realise how important staying close to your family truly is.



You have an amazing physique Michael; how do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you practise any sports?

Fitness and nutrition have become a huge part of my life. I have always been into staying in shape and being healthy, because I have played sports my whole life. I was a two sport collegiate athlete where I wrestled and played football.



What are your top three favourite gym exercises and why?

I really don’t have any favourite exercises, although my favourite muscles group if I had to choose would be shoulders. I think my main focus is to keep my body symmetrical and proportional. So it is important to work each muscle group just as much as the other.



And what’s the best form of cardio for you?

Although I am a lot bigger than when I was in college playing sports, I still like to keep my athleticism and agility up to par. My favourite form of cardio is either sprints on the track or field or HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training).



How how do you keep motivated?

My best way to stay motivated is constantly setting goals. Training all year round can definitely get hard at times without something to work towards. By me setting goals I constantly have something to work towards which keeps me focused and gives me drive to achieve them.



Honestly Michael, is it difficult to fit training and fitness into your life?

Since fitness is a part of my life it isn’t a matter of fitting it in my life, because it is my life. I think anybody can sacrifice even a few hours a week to the gym or some form of exercise. It is highly important to a long lasting life.



And what about modelling? How did it come about? What do you enjoy the most about it?

The whole modelling gig kind of just happened by chance. It’s more of a hobby and something I enjoy. Luckily for the social networking sites out there I was noticed through Facebook and one shoot led to the next. More than anything I enjoy the travelling that comes with the modelling and meeting new people. It also gives me things to work towards.



Let’s talk about photoshoots ... how do you prepare for them?

Everybody’s body reacts to certain training regiments and diets differently. I obviously have not perfected my regiments by any means, but I have my body pretty well figured out. My constant variety in weight training routines and carb cycling diet has seemed to work best for me.



I have to say that you are a very good looking guy – what do you think is your best asset?

If I had to choose a best asset I would definitely go with my personality. I am a very humble person and enjoy meeting and making new friends I think it is very important to never make judgements based on what you’ve heard. I like to give everyone a chance and judge them based on how they treat me. Respect and loyalty are two huge traits that were early distilled into me.



And if you could change one thing about your body, what would that be?

If I could improve anything it would 100% be my calves. They are the hardest muscles for me to see gains in.



You must have had your share of challenges; how do you approach them?

I truly believe that God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I realise that some times are beyond tough and you don’t know how you will get past them. But then I look back on those challenging moments and realise I am here now and I did get past them. I believe that those challenges only make us stronger as a human being.



I’m sure you are very busy with your training and work, but what do you do in your down time?

I enjoy spending time with my family. As I said, family is a very important part of my life. I also enjoy hanging with my friends.



Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?

My Papa Salotti has been a role model and someone I’ve looked up to my whole life. He is the most hard working, tough nosed man I have ever met. He has taught me so many life lessons and continues to everyday. He will be 83 this August and still such a tough man. I strive everyday to make him happy and teach the lessons I’ve learned to others.



Now a few quick fun questions Michael ... hope you are game! Do you think you are a good date?

I definitely think I am a good date. I am always positive and just down to have a good time. If you can laugh then you are sure to have a fun time.



What do you think is the secret to a good relationship?

I think the two most important things to keep a relationship stable are TRUST and COMMUNICATION.



Now ... are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?

For the most part briefs



What do you listen to on your iPod?

I grew up with my parents really being into music and it always being on. I have a wide variety on my I-pod. I enjoy house, 80’s, 90’s, RnB, dub-step and really anything with a good beat.



What’s your favourite song or piece of music to play while training or running?

Anything that’s upbeat and fast paced.



What kind of movies do you like?

Either action of scary.


Michael, what can’t you live without?

My family



Could you finish these two sentences for me? You wouldn’t know, but I’m very good at ...

Math.



But ... I’m just not very good at ...

Being patient!



In your opinion ... what’s the best thing ever invented?

iPod or cell phone. I remember in middle school running in the winter to make weight for wrestling and my CD player skipping every 15 seconds.



Could you tell me what three words describe you best?

Humble, funny, respectful.



One last question Michael, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in let’s say 10 years time?

The next actor for Superman.



I’ll be on the front row at the world premiere ... Michael, it has been a truly great pleasure meeting with you in London and being able to interview you! Enjoy London and all the best for the future!


Comments