Brandon Yates







by Michael Anthony Downs


We are absolutely thrilled to be able to feature the gorgeous and sexy Brandon at Stunning Men. Brandon is an American natural bodybuilder and fitness model from Big Lake, Minnesota







With a stunning physique like his, it is difficult to believe that Brandon is only 19 year old! He is obviously totally dedicated to his training and healthy living and his constant hard work is really paying off!




He won the Mr. Minnesota teen division in 2012 and his career started from there, going from strength to strength.







Brandon has just joined the amazing athletes and models of AllAmericanGuys.com and his profile is already attracting great comments.










But besides his obvious amazing physical attributes, Brandon is an absolute sweet guy with a great personality, which came across in abondance when he did a live video chat at AAG a few weeks ago.







Please show Brandon some love and welcome him at Stunning Men by leaving comments. 
Also please check out his brand new Facebook page and show him some support by 'liking' it!






Many thanks to Brandon for accepting to be featured and for taking the time to do the interview with us!


 


Our warm thanks also to Michael Anthony Downs - of AllAmericanGuys.com and Masculinemag.com fame among others - for allowing us to use his photos.

All photographic copyrights to Michael Anthony Downs.


Vital statistics:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180lbs
Waist: 32"
Chest: 42"
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue/Green


Here's Brandon's interview in full



Brandon, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview. Could we start off by talking a little about yourself? You are from Minnesota, USA  ...

I am 19 years old and am currently attending college at South Dakota state university. Some of my passions in life are working out, hunting and fishing.


When did you first lift?

I first started lifting weights when I was a junior in high school and I've been hooked ever since.


You have an amazing physique! Besides lifting weights, how do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you practise any sport? 

Starting at a young age I have been extremely competitive in everything I do.  In High School my favourite sport to compete in was track.  I excelled in many events but hurtles and pole vault were my strong points.  Aside from that I also competed in cross country and football.



What are your top three favourite gym exercises and why?

My all-time favourite lift in the gym would have to be incline dumbbell press. I love to work chest and I always start with dumbbell because it helps a lot with grip strength. My other two would have to be military dumbbell press and bent over barbell row.  I love working my shoulders and that movement is the one I am strongest at. When I do bent over barbell row I do an underhand grip to work my lower back.



And what’s the best form of cardio for you? 

My favourite type of cardio is running.



Now how do you keep motivated? 

I keep motivated by always thinking about improving my physique and also thinking about upcoming bodybuilding competitions that I will be attending.



Is it difficult for you to fit training and fitness into your life? 

It is very easy to fit training into my life because it is something I look forward to every day.



You are a natural bodybuilder ... how was it winning the 2012 Mr Minnesota teen division?

(Brandon gives us a huge smile) Winning the Mr Minnesota teen was a huge accomplishment of mine and I was extremely happy.  This made me look forward to competing teen in 2014 and being 19.



We know that you guys keep a healthy lifestyle ... but if you had a cheat day, what would be your favourite food? 

My favourite food to eat if I was to cheat would be a rack of ribs from famous Dave’s.



Now what about modelling? How did it happen? 

My modelling started after my first competition when I was approached by the photographer at the show.  He introduced himself and asked if I would like to do a photo shoot with him.  After that my photos were sent off to AAG and they asked me to do a photo-shoot with them.



What do you enjoy the most about it? 

Something I enjoy about modelling would have to be the accomplished feelings that you get when you see the pictures.



You have just joined AllAmericanGuys ... how was shooting with Michael Downs? 

Shooting with Michael Downs was a really great experience and he is an amazing photographer.



How do you prepare for shoots? 

I prepare for shoots the same way that I do for a competition.  I will try to get around 5% body fat by dieting for around 2 months.



May I say that you are a stunning looking guy? What do you think is your best asset? 

I believe my best would be my arms.  Before I ever started lifting I had biceps so once I started lifting they grew the fastest.



And if you could change one thing about your body, what would that be? 

If I could change one thing about my body it would be my height. I wish I was over 6 foot.



How do you approach a challenge? 

I approach a challenge with a positive attitude and I never think failing is an option.



What do you do in your down time?

On my down time I like to be in the outdoors.



Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?   

My role model in life is my parents because they push me to do the best I can in life.



Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date? 

I think that I am a good date because I can always make good conversation.



What do you think is the secret to a good relationship? 

I think the secret to a good relationship is how much alike the couple is.  I think you need similar interests to get along.



Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?

Brief.



What do you listen to on your iPod? 

I listen to a lot of country but when I lift I listen to heavy metal.



Your favourite song or piece of music to play while training or running? 

My favourite band to listen to is A Day to Remember



What kind of movies do you like? 

Comedy.



What can’t you live without? 

I could not live without a gym!



Could you finish these two sentences? You wouldn’t know, but I’m very good at shooting a bow and arrow.



Now ... I’m just not very good at ...

…  making the first move.



What’s the best thing ever invented? 

The best thing ever invented is a car.



What three words describe you best? 

Respectful outgoing and neat.



One last question Brandon, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time? 

In ten years I would like to have a wife with a few kids.  I will be a pro bodybuilder and doing fitness modelling on the side.  For a day time job I will be a construction manager and hope to make a good amount of money and live in a large house.



Brandon, it has been a real pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being such good sport. All the best for the future!

Comments

Anonymous said…
He looks like that at only 19?

If he really sticks to it, he could be an absolute muscle God by 29 and then be eligible to become my mate.

Of course, I'll be over 70 by then. But, whose counting?